The camera in my phone sucks, but here's the new steed in the early stages of metamorphosis. I went with the Litespeed Icon.
The choice was tough. There are some quality bikes to be had these days. I spent hours comparing, reading brochures and reviews and comments. I rode around town talking to riders, coaches, and salesmen - and I think I aggravated every one of them with my questions (thanks for your patience folks!). I even got a nice note from Mark Lynskey. The hardest part was reconciling what I want in a bike with my ability and my budget. In the end, I'm pretty sure I bought the right bike for me, even if I had to spend more than I originally planned.
Here's the specs:
- Litespeed Icon XL frame (brushed)
- Easton EC90 SL fork
- Cane Creek S8 headset
- Bontrager Race X-Lite stem
- Bontrager Race XXX Lite carbon handlebar
- Shimano Ultegra SL 10sp gruppo w/compact crank and 12-25 cassette
- Bontrager Race X Lite carbon seatpost
- Fizik Arione saddle
- Bontrager Race X-Lite clinchers
- Cateye V2C wireless computer
The bike should be ready before I get back from vacation. I can't wait to ride it.